Pool Heating Solutions
We're big fans of heated pools here at The Pool Doctor, and we make sure your pool heating is efficient and working at the ultimate temperature whenever you choose to swim. Heat pumps are incredibly energy efficient at maintaining a constant water temperature so are the best option if you are looking at ways to swim all year round or to extend your swimming season. Having a pool cover will also greatly assist with the pool heating and retaining heat in your pool.
For a cost-effective way to cover your swimming pool, reduce heating and chemical costs, and extend your swimming season, consider a pool cover. We offer:
- Bubble Covers
- Thermal Blankets
- Debris Covers
Our preferred supplier of Pool Covers is BMH Pool & Spa Covers.
Heat pumps are among the most energy efficient options available, without compromising on its pool heating performance. Available in a wide range of sizes and models to suit most pools and budgets, their perfect for anyone that wants to have their pool available 365 days of the year.
Heat pumps use the same principle as reverse cycle air conditioners. They extract heat from the air (even down to sub-zero temperatures) and through compression and transference technology, it then heats the pool water. These work in almost any temperature, with some models available to cater for sub-zero temperatures, as well as indoor installations.
Hayward EnergyLine Pro Inverter
The Hayward EnergyLine Pro Inverter heat pump super quietly and economically maintains your ideal water temperature at all times by consistently monitoring the temperature and adjusting its output to supply the required amount of energy to heat your pool or spa. Designed for durability and efficiency, the EnergyLine also shows real time power consumption.
Zodiac Heat Pumps
Zodiac heat pumps are among the most energy efficient options available, without compromising on the heating performance. Available in a wide range of sizes and models to suit most pools and budgets.
The bubble cover is the best option for pool heating using the sun's energy. However, leaves will still fall into the pool at the edges of cover and can also fall in from the top of the cover when rolling it up.
- Pool stays warm overnight so you can enjoy a longer swimming season. Warms pool water by three to five degrees, and more in summer.
- Deep blue colour: Darker colours absorb more energy from the sun, meaning the pool water will heat 10% better than standard blankets. This allows you to swim sooner, for longer.
- Energy and water saving: Saves up to 60% in energy costs, limits heat loss, and makes swimming more comfortable. It also reduces evaporation, therefore cuts water use and saves on chemical costs.
- Stays on in high winds: The larger surface area of the bubble has a greater water surface adhesion. The blanket is more likely to stay on the pool in high winds and pool cleaners work better under blankets.
- Year-round cover: The cover is a heavy-duty blanket and is designed to stay on the pool year round. It keeps your pool cleaner in winter and eliminates that big annual clean-up to get the pool ready for summer.
The thermal blanket pool cover is best at retaining the heat already in the pool but doesn't use the sun's energy to heat the pool.
Leaves will still fall into the pool at the edges of the cover and can also fall in from the top of the cover when rolling it up.
We recommend using a thermal blanket for heated indoor pools.
- Heat retention: If your pool is heated to 30 degrees it will lose up to 13 degrees overnight without a cover on, compared to just three degrees with a thermal blanket
- Substantially extends your swimming season – swim earlier in spring and later in autumn
- Reduces evaporation which cuts water use and saves on chemical costs
- Stops condensation when used on an indoor pool
The debris pool cover will keep all leaves and twigs out of your pool. Small dirt particles will still go through the mesh. At the end of winter, simply use a leaf blower to remove any leaves etc. on top before removing. Please note, the debris cover doesn’t help in heating or retaining the temperature of the pool.
We recommend putting the debris cover on for winter months and removing and storing over summer.
- Reduce maintenance and protect your pool from all debris
- Best used through the winter months to stop twigs and leaves from fouling the pool water
- Helps to reduce chemical use and prevents children falling into pool
- Tiny holes in the pool mesh allows surface water to drain
- Lightweight custom made to any shape
- Available in navy blue and forest green